Not only is chiropractic care during pregnancy safe… it is beneficial and highly recommended!
During pregnancy, significant hormonal and physical changes occur that affect the function of the nervous system.
An increase in weight puts tremendous stress on the joints and forces the body to compensate often leading to a destabilized spine.
Does it really help?
- Pain and discomfort, particularly in the low back and pelvis.
- The good news is that studies have shown that 84% of pregnant patients receiving pre-natal chiropractic care have found relief from back pain.
- In addition, patients under chiropractic care throughout the duration of their pregnancy have on average a 31% shorter labor time.
- For women in the eighth month of pregnancy showing a breech position, a specific chiropractic method called the Webster’s Technique has had a 92% success rate in resolving the breech position.
- Regular chiropractic care affords a more comfortable pregnancy and delivery for both mother and baby.
- It stimulates the nervous system to facilitate proper functioning of your reproductive organs, thus supporting the needs of your baby throughout pregnancy and during delivery.
- Low back pain has often been described as an inevitable complication of pregnancy; with regular chiropractic care, it no longer has to be!
- Chiropractic care helps more than just back and neck pains… It’s helps maintain a properly functioning spine and the integrity of the nervous system is essential for overall good health.