Proteolytic enzymes such as protease, papain, and bromelain help to break down and remove the by-products of inflammation. In this way, they assist the body’s natural healing process and may help to reduce pain and swelling.
Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM
Glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM are nutrients found in healthy joint tissue. They help to support the structure of joints, slow the progression of osteoarthritis, reduce pain and swelling, and improve mobility.
Magnesium and Malic Acid
Magnesium is essential for muscle function, with a deficiency linked to migraine headaches and muscular complaints. Malic acid works in synergy with magnesium to alleviate the symptoms associated with fibromyalgia.
Ask Dr Tania Leski about BioCeuticals pain supplements that may be suitable for you next time you visit ChiroCure Clinic.
WE DISPENSE PRACTIONER PRESCRIBED SUPPLEMENTS
Call for additional information phone (03) 9013 5133
Did You Know that...
- Pain is a normal part of inflammation which is the body’s response to injury. It alerts us that we are injured.
- Pain that persists after an injury has healed can be severely debilitating. On average, Australians take 9.9 million days off work every year due to chronic pain.
- One in five Australians experience chronic pain. 38% of these cases will be due to injury (mostly a sports injury), 29% due to a health problem, and 32% will have no clear cause.
- Fibromyalgia is a condition of widespread muscle pain and stiffness, and debilitating fatigue. Its cause is unknown.
- Chronic pain occurs mostly in the back (45%), followed by the leg (42%), shoulder (29%), arm (22%) and neck (20%).
- The anti-inflammatory proteolytic enzyme papain is derived from papaya, and bromelain is derived from pineapples.