WORKCOVER, WORKSAFE & TAC CLAIMING
✔ Chiropractic Rebate
✔ Remedial Massage Rebate
WorkSafe/ WorkCover may pay for all of your chiropractic treatments relating to a work injury, accident or pain claim. Worksafe considers chiropractic to be a primary contact service.
- Every chiropractor and remedial massage therapist at ChiroCure Clinic has a current work-cover provider number, to enable professional service claims for any treatment provided.
Referal / Lodging a claim
- A referral from a medical practitioner is not required for your claim and refund to be processed.
- Work-cover claims must be lodged with your current workplace.
- WorkSafe states that they will pay the reasonable costs of chiropractic services that meet a set of criteria.
If your claim is relating to workers compensation be sure to seek a referral from your GP to go ahead with a course of treatment, our practitioners have work cover provider numbers, and can assist you with claiming and provide medical reports and treatment receipts for claiming.
For more information please visit Worksafe: http://www.worksafe.gov.au
Alternitivly please contact ChiroCure Clinic staff on (03)9013513
✔ Chiropractic Rebate
✔ Myotherapy Rebate
Anyone can claim with TAC if a person has been apart of an accident involving a car, motorbike, train, bus or tram, and the person involved is injured or dies due to this accident. Pedestrians are also covered if involved in an accident caused by the driving one of these aforementioned transport options.
- Every chiropractor at ChiroCure Clinic has a current TAC provider number, to enable professional service claims.
Referral / Lodging a claim
- A claim must be lodged within 12 months of the accident you are involved in, or the date the injury caused by the accident becomes evident
- All cases must be reported to the police to be able to lodge a claim.
- If the police did not attend the scene then you must report it first before lodging.
You must pay for this service upfront at ChiroCure, and claim the rebate from WorkCover using your receipt and case number.
If you have a registered claim number, we may be able to issue your refund on the spot through our terminal.
(The rebate amount is variable, so please ask your claim consultants for your entitlement)
For more information please visit TAC: http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/providers/invoicing-and-fees/fee-schedule/chiropractic-services