CHIROCURE CLINIC BLOG
Follow us online
Keep your Back Happy This Holiday Season
Christmas Hours As Follows:
Dec 24 - CLOSED
Dec 25 - CLOSED
Dec 26 - CLOSED
Reopen Dec 27 - 31
Jan 1 - CLOSED
Jan 2 - CLOSED
What is the importance of looking after your posture this festive season??
The Chiropractic Association of Australia has recently revealed that the summer holiday season is increasingly becoming a peak season for postural wear and tear!
Dr Tania Leski and Dr Jessica Bravo have compiled a list of the top travel tips to help you ‘keep your back happy’ as you enjoy your holiday.
1. Take regular stretch breaks at least every one to two hours.
2. While sitting, use back support, such as a small, rolled towel. Alternate behind the back and between the shoulders.
3. Make your seat upright, placing your tailbone as far back into the seat aspossible, andshoulders and head supported by the seat.
4. While flying, sit on the aisle seat where possible, making it easier to regularly stretch and walk during the flight.
5. Be careful while lifting and carrying luggage. Bend with your knees, not your back. Retrieving baggage off the carousel can be particularly risky, often involving rapid twisting.
6. When sleeping in a strange bed, sleep on your back or side where possible andavoid sleeping on your stomach.
7. Compensate for dips in the mattress by placing a small, soft towel under your side.
8. If the bed is ‘saggy’, consider putting the mattress on the floor.
9. Use a ceiling fan instead of air-conditioning, where possible, to avoid cold b lasts of air on your neck or back..
As we get set to take a break, Remember to schedule your Chiropractic Care maintainence visits around your holidays.
Chiropractic care and remedial massage therapy at chirocure can help to manage stress causing pain in the body.
Our chiropractors work primarily with the spine, the root of the nervous system through which nerve impulses travel from the brain to the rest of the body.
One effect of chronic stress is prolonged muscle tension and contraction.
This muscle tension creates uneven pressures on the bony structures of the body, often leading the misalignment of the spinal column, joints and ligaments.
Chronic stress also leads to nerve irritation.
ChiroCure chiropractic adjustments help to release muscle tension, and enables body return to a more balanced, relaxed state.
Adjustments by our chiropractors also reduce spinal nerve irritation, and improve blood circulation.
These changes may be enough, in many cases, to convince the brain to turn off the fight or flight response, beginning the process of healing.
A healthy and balanced spine is one key to effectively managing stress.