Foam Roller Exercises recommended by our therapists
- Lie faceup with foam roller horizontally under upper back (below shoulder blades), knees bent, feet flat, and hands behind head.
- Tighten abs and press into feet, lifting hips slightly to slowly roll from upper to middle back.
- Find a tender spot. Hold, release, and repeat.
- TIP: For a deeper back stretch, lift your hips
Hold for 30-60 seconds.
Repeat 2-3 times per session.
No more than 3 sessions of this activity per week.
- From this position, bring foam roller under lower back, with knees bent and arms out to sides.
- Contract abs and tilt slightly to left to target muscles along left part of back.
- Still tilted left, press into feet to roll back and forth from midback to top of hips, stopping when you find a sore spot.
- Hold, release, and repeat.
- Switch sides, tilted slightly to right.
TIP: For a deeper back stretch, lift your hips
Roll up and down either 10 times or for up to 5 minutes.
Repeat 2-3 times on both the upper and lower part of the upper back.