CHIROCURE CLINIC BLOG
Follow us online
Treatment can provided during all stages of pregnancy and after birth!
Not only can therapeutic treatment be helpful during pregnancy, but research has shown that it is also considered to be safe both during pregnancy and after birth...
The research (referenced below) explains the clinical effectiveness of both chiropractic and massage when assisting expecting mother to manage and treat their pain and stiffness during pregnancy and in preparation for labour.
Both the clinical study and research in 2013 and 2016 explore that during pregnancy some significant hormonal and physical changes can evidently occur, causing of an affect on the function of the nervous system.(4)
Studies also found that the increase in body weight during pregnancy can often put additional or tremendous stress on the joints and muscles in the spine and pelvis, causing the body into a forced compensation, that often leading to a destabilisation.(5)
Massage can also be implement during labour and after birth to help with the relief and release of tight and tender muscles in the low back, legs and feet.
Does it really help?
Have a pregnancy spinal check?
How can we support your health and function both during and after pregnancy...
Referenced text and research:
1. Hickok D.E., Gordon D.C., Milberg J.A. The frequency of breech presentation by gestational age at birth: a large population-based study. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992;166(3):851–852. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
2. Tunde-Byass M.O., Hannah M.E. Breech vaginal delivery at or near term. Semin Perinatol. 2003;27(1):34–45. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
3. Roberts C., Nassar N., Raynes-Greenow C. Update on the management of term breech deliveries in New South Wales, Australia. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2003;43(2):173. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
4. Breech repositioning unresponsive to Webster technique: coexistence of oligohydramnios. Christopher B. Roecker. J Chiropr Med. 2013 Jun; 12(2): 74–78. doi: 10.1016/j.jcm.2013.06.003
5. Chiropractic Management of Pregnancy-Related Lumbopelvic Pain: A Case Study
Maria Bernard, Peter Tuchin
J Chiropr Med. 2016 Jun; 15(2): 129–133. Published online 2016 May 25. doi: 10.1016/j.jcm.2016.04.003
ChiroCure Clinic - St Kilda Clinic & Mornington Clinic Phone: (03) 9013 5133
Phone: (03) 9013 5133